Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful for Pic Monkey

This week I'm participating in ThanksBlogging with Arkansas Women Bloggers.




I think we can all agree that my photo skills leave a lot to be desired. A whole lot. Today's topic is to take a picture of something we are thankful for and edit it on Pic Monkey.

I don't know where Pic Monkey has been all my life! I started with a picture I took of my kids two summers ago, but wasn't happy with the lighting. At first, I just played.   I changed colors, cropped, added frames and text. If I wanted to, I could have erased wrinkles, highlighted hair and erased fat (I'm saving that for a picture of me - wait 'til you see my makeover!).  Then, I decided simpler is better.  This is my favorite picture I've ever taken of my kids. 

Here is the before:



I like the color on the computer, but when I printed it out, it was really bright. 


Here is the edited version:



I did a black and white option with a glow on their faces - love it! 

This was truly a one in a lifetime picture.  After that smooch, Will is careful to never get close to Emma anymore. 

9 comments:

  1. Such an awesome picture!!!

    Stopping by from AWB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. I hope my babies grow up to like each other enough for a sweet pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't do my job without PicMonkey. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised at how easy PicMonkey was to use. Good job with your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture! I love PicMonkey, too!

    ReplyDelete